Cleaning a Motorcycle
Have you finally bitten the bullet and bought a motorcycle but are feeling unsure how to properly care for it? It might be that motorcycle maintenance is new to you and you are in need of some tips or you may just need to brush up on some knowledge for your latest purchase. Below we have outlined the entire process for cleaning a motorcycle from start to finish using our high-quality Bike Auto products.
1. Start by rinsing the motorcycle with a Hose pressure water or Pressure Washer removing loose dirt or debris remembering to avoid damaging any sensitive components.
2. Using a Solvent Degreaser remove all greasy build-up from the chain and sprockets removing the front guard of the engine sprocket for ease of access if fitted. Use a microfiber sheet towel to remove soiling and apply Wash as a pre-soaking solution and brush in with a Chain and Sprocket Brush.
3. Using the Wash product as either a Stand-alone Pressure washing detergent or as a Pre-wash Detergent applies to the whole of the Motorcycle, Rinse off with water and leave wet. Use either Wheelbrite or Extreme Fall Out for the wheels.
4. Apply through a foam cannon Extreme Snow Foam for Heavy Duty Cleaning and leave until the foam melts. Pressures wash the whole of the motorcycle and leave wet.
5. Clean all of the Motorcycle by hand with a Noddle wash mitt, wash with Sudtastic Shampoo using the double bucket method with a Bucket and Grit Guard only. Rinse.
6. Apply Protect paint sealer every 3 months and Shine after every Wash to complete the service Wash.
7. Further enhancements can be used including Show n Shine Ceramic detailer Waxtastic Hybrid Wax or WOBO Traditional wipe-on wipe-off Wax Protection.
For more information on how to clean a motorcycle using our specialist detailing products, visit our products page.Back to Blog